Be Comfortable in Pregnancy with a Body Pillow
Expecting a child is an amazing life experience but it does come with challenges, particularly towards the later stages of pregnancy.
Enjoying a good night’s sleep or simply getting comfortable on the couch while supporting all that extra weight can be challenging. That’s why you need to choose items like your pregnancy pillows carefully.
Sanggol pillows have been specially developed to help pregnant women and new mothers who are nursing an infant, providing all the comfort and support required.
What Are Pregnancy Pillows?
When you become pregnant, one thing you’ll have to contend with is the changing shape of your own body. Where you used to easily get into bed and go to sleep, now you have wider hips, more sensitive areas such as the breasts and, of course, that bump where your child is magically growing.
Once you get into later pregnancy, these changes become even more pronounced. That can make it much more difficult to find a comfortable position for sleep. Pregnancy pillows are longer than ordinary ones, fitting around your body and providing much-needed support.
A pregnancy pillow or full body pillow has a number of different benefits, not least allowing you to lie in the semi-fetal position without putting pressure on your hips, shoulders, neck and legs.
- Body aches and pain are one of the more common issues pregnant women face. This can be caused by a poor night’s sleep where it’s difficult to get comfortable.
- Your pregnancy pillow should help make you more settled and relieve any discomfort, leaving you waking up refreshed and ready for the day.
- Because your can sleep on your side, even when you are well into your pregnancy, blood flow around your body is improved with the use of a pregnancy pillow.
- Your pregnancy pillow isn’t just important while you wait for the birth of your child. It’s also useful when you are nursing and provides additional support for both you and your new infant.
- You can settle baby on the pillow and use it as a support for breastfeeding, reducing tension and making skin to skin contact much easier and natural.
Which Pregnancy Pillows Should I Get?
There are a few different types of pregnancy pillows and you’ll need to find the one that works for you. This may change, of course, as your pregnancy develops or you might have different pillows for different things.
At Sanggol, we like to offer a full range of full body pregnancy pillows that wrap around your body and provide all the support you need.
U Shaped Pregnancy Pillows
If you’re someone who likes to sleep on their back or you shift position quite often during the night, the U-shaped pregnancy pillow will probably be your first choice. It provides all the support you need and can be repositioned quickly.
One thing you should note is that it’s a fairly large pillow. If you are sharing your bed with your partner during pregnancy, it’s important to make sure you can all fit comfortably. It’s also not the best option for sitting on the sofa because of the size.
J Shaped Pregnancy Pillows
If bed space is an issue, you might like to opt for the J-shaped pregnancy pillow instead. This is slightly smaller but performs essentially the same task of supporting the body.
Because it’s missing the extra side that the U-shaped pillow has, there’s more room in the bed so it’s great for doubles. It’s also better for sitting on the couch where it provides support without taking up too much space.
C Shaped Pregnancy Pillows
Providing support for the head, back, stomach and legs, this is a popular choice that delivers all-round comfort. It can be used on the bed or for the couch. If you suffer from water retention in the legs and ankles during later pregnancy, the pillow is great for alleviating this.
C-shaped pillows can also improve tension in the pelvic area which is common for pregnant women. The pillow can be used in a variety of ways and positions and is perhaps the most flexible of the choices available. It’s great as a travel pillow if you are staying at a hotel or going on holiday.
Sanggol Pregnancy Pillows
It’s worth investing in a quality pregnancy pillow. The good news is that it will continue to have uses long after your new baby has arrived.
Sanggol pregnancy pillows are specially designed to provide you with all the support you need during and after pregnancy. Intentionally large, they come in C, J and U shapes and fit double and king size beds easily.
- The pillows are made with an anti-allergy filling and come with a fabric cover in cool, combed cotton for ultimate comfort.
- This means you can be sure our pillows are great for the skin and give you all the support you are looking for while you are carrying your child.
- The Sanggol pregnancy pillow will certainly support you during pregnancy and ensure you remain pain-free and comfortable.
- It’s also perfect for supporting mother and baby, especially during feeding. That means you don’t have to buy a separate pillow after birth.
Pregnancy, Nursing and Pain Pillows
Our pregnancy pillows aren’t just useful during pregnancy, however, and they are often used to solve a variety of comfort issues:
- If you have an operation and need to recover, a pregnancy pillow is ideal for giving support, especially at night.
- If you have a disability that makes it difficult to get comfortable and sleep, a U, C or J-shaped pillow can often help.
- Pregnancy pillows are popular for those with conditions such as fibromyalgia or fatigue issues, who need a product to help support them and ease any pain during the night.
Of course, you may just like to sleep with your pregnancy pillow because it feels so natural and comfortable. Whatever you use it for, you’ll find a product that is comfortable, durable and flexible for your family needs.
Why Buy Sanggol Pregnancy Pillows?
Sanggol is a company that is focused on providing comfort for pregnant and nursing mothers. Our pillows are designed to follow the shape of your body, cradling you when you lie down to sleep and supporting you while you are with your child and breastfeeding.
When looking for a pregnancy pillow that is built for comfort and to last, it’s a good idea to choose a brand that really meets your needs. You can check out the full range of Sanggol pregnancy pillows on our own website or find us in the Amazon store today.