We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important.
This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
If you don’t want to read all the details, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- Sanggol is owned by ThreeTY Ltd
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within ThreeTY Ltd.
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf .
- All data collected is used for processing of your orders only, except where you have sunscribed to marketing, we will use your data to provide you information that we feel may be useful to you. You may unsubscribe from this list at anytime
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do send direct marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you.
- We also display online advertising relating to our products and services on websites across ThreeTY Ltd, on other websites and online media channels.
- Who are we?
- What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information
- How do we use your personal information?
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Who might we share your personal information with?
- Keeping you informed about our products and services
- Your rights
- How long will we keep your personal information for?
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up ThreeTY Ltd
We may add further companies to the ThreeTY Ltd in the future. When we do so, we will update this notice.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Information required to make decisions about delivery of your order, or any other services offered by ThreeTY Ltd
- Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies such as Experian, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases, marketing and research companies), social media providers and the DVLA, as well as information that is publicly available.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information, we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.